Article provided by: alcoholservices.org
You already have a lot on your mind once you admit that you have a problem with drugs, alcohol, or both. There is a great deal to consider and learn about when selecting a drug rehab to get the treatment you need. When you know that getting sober is a top priority, you will see that learning about the options around you to rehab for addiction is the best place to begin.
For many addicts, the thought of having to be away from home for a period of time to get treatment at an inpatient rehab is a tough pill to swallow. However, many incredible benefits come from entering into the right drug and alcohol rehab. No matter what, you should always weigh all of the pros and cons so that you have a clear picture in your mind as you proceed.
Pros of Drug Rehab
There are many positive things about going into rehab at an inpatient facility. Above all else, the most important will be learning the right way to live a substance-free life.
- The chance to undergo medically-assisted detoxification
- Working through treatment on a structured schedule
- Removal of distractions of daily life so that you can reflect
- Having the time that you need to unpack and de-stress
- Gathering support from other peers who are dealing with similar issues
- Care and treatment by trained, licensed professionals
Cons of Drug Rehab
Some people will have a long list of cons that may keep them from getting the help and support they need. For some addicts, being exposed to relapsing patients in rehab can cause depression. For others they may feel like going into a rehab facility is more like a jail sentence.
- The cost for entering rehab may be too high
- It might be challenging to transition from a home environment to supervised treatment
- Being around other disgruntled addicts 24 hours a day may be tough
- Having a disconnect with an assigned counselor or psychotherapist
What to Expect While at an Inpatient Addiction Treatment Center
It is important to know that services differ from one program to another. However, any reputable addiction rehab will have several stages of treatment. If you are physically addicted to drugs or alcohol before entering rehab, you will need to go through detoxification. This is followed up by a period of time (usually 30 days) at a facility. During this time, you will have sessions with psychiatrists and therapists to learn about addiction and the tools you can use to move forward. All the while, you will be around peers going through the same motions as you – even if you have unique circumstances that brought you together.
When it is time to look for treatment, Alcohol Services is here to help. Contact us at 844-454-5940 for details to help you get on the right path to living a clean and sober lifestyle. We are located in Phoenix, Arizona, and we have staff available to take your call and address your questions or concerns. Learn more about our services by clicking here.